Tahoe Emergency Physicians (TEP) provides superior emergency medical care to our South Lake Tahoe and Carson Valley community. We are committed to making our patients care experience as comfortable and positive as possible. We are looking for candidates who are interested in pursuing careers in the medical field to join our team at Barton Hospital in South Lake Tahoe, CA.
As a scribe in our emergency department your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Accompanying the physician into patient examination rooms in order to transcribe the patient’s history, physical exam findings, consultations, labs, imaging, and other evaluations as stated by the physician, directly into the medical record.
- Performing a variety of clerical tasks that include retrieving medical records, helping arrange follow-up as directed by the physician, and preparing discharge paperwork while maintaining the flow of the Emergency Department.
- Increasing the physician’s productivity and time spent with the patient by maintaining a comprehensive list of active patients and constantly updating these patients’ conditions and study results in their medical record.
- Job Type: Part-time, 10 hour shifts; will include weekends and some holidays
- Compensation includes 401(k) match
- Salary: $15/hour
- Required Qualifications
- Highly motivated, responsible and mature demeanor with a passion for medicine
- At least 18 years old
- Strong writing skills
- Quick and accurate typing speed
- Ability to stand, walk, and follow a physician for extended periods of time
- Ability to remain calm in a fast paced, at times stressful environment
- Ability to read, write, comprehend through listening and speak fluent English
- Professional appearance
- Detail oriented with proven ability to work effectively under conditions requiring accuracy
- Positive attitude in all dealings of job responsibilities
- Strong interpersonal skills and be mentally adaptable and flexible in dealing with a variety of people
- 1+ year commitment
- Additional Knowledge/Skills; not required but considered valuable
- Basic understanding of medical terminology and general medical knowledge
- Previous experience with direct patient care in the medical field
- Application Process
- All candidates must submit a resume and cover letter for consideration. Be sure to include any clinical medical experience you have (paid or volunteer). The cover letter should be 2-3 paragraphs explaining why you feel you are a good fit for the position. It will be regarded as a sample of your writing.
Submit your cover letter and resume to Lance Orr, MD at firstname.lastname@example.org